Monday, March 20, 2017

Fast in Faith!

Hey everyone! Well this week was pretty darn good!  A few weeks ago Elder Suapaia and I were inviting each member that we would go and visit to join us in a special fast for us to find someone to teach. Everyone graciously accepted our invitation and so we all fasted and prayed on fast Sunday in March. Obviously nothing came of it immediately and even the next week not  a lot came from it but we continued to work.  Towards the end of this week we were getting a little discouraged because not a lot was happening for us.  On Sunday we showed up to church, went to Ward Council, afterward we went into the chapel for Sacrament meeting and there was a guy sitting in there with a triple combination and a notebook. Elder Warren was talking to him when I walked in and I went up and said hello to him and started talking to him. He was telling us how he had met a Mormon while he was in college years ago and noticed how he was always so happy!  After college he had gone down some wrong roads and was trying to get his life back in order. He had read the entire Book of Mormon and was going through the Doctrine and Covenants. All these things he was telling us, I was pretty shocked!  He then said "I might want to try and become a member of the church".  During Sacrament meeting he pulled out a picture of the Peter Whitmer log house that he had drawn and was telling me how he was creating a 3D wooden picture of it as well.

So this is what can happen when you fast in faith. Heavenly Father answers your prayers!

Mathew 7:7-11
¶ Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 
For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to 
him that knocketh it shall be opened.             
Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a 
stone?
10 Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?
11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, 
how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to 
them that ask him?

I am still pretty blown away at what happened but I know that the Lord will provide and nothing can go forward in life unless it is given from the Lord.

Things are going really well. We will be walking or riding down the street and someone who looks busy or pretty uninterested in what we are doing will be outside and I will always have an internal battle with myself whether we should go talk to them and basically guilt myself into going up to them and most of the time they have a connection to the church somehow!  Its amazing how the Lord works! 

Have a great week!
Elder Larsen

                           
The May Family!

"Hi This is Ashlea May.  We have enjoyed having Elder Larsen to dinner at our house!  He's really been so great with my family!  My kids love him and he's really connected well with my non-member husband.  I'm so grateful.  Thanks for sharing him with us!!"
This is John! Elder Vest and I found and we started teaching him back in October when we were together in Jackson.  He just got baptized! 
                         


No comments:

Post a Comment