Monday, April 18, 2016

Awesome Week. Awesome Companion.

Hello everyone! This week has been awesome!

On Monday we went bowling. It was awesome. It was the last day of our trio!
Last of Our Trio- Elder Rasmussen and Elder Hernandez          
Bowling in Shreveport!
Tuesday was Transfers day and we met at the church at 6:30 to send the missionaries off. After that we went and did service all day. My companions and I went and helped a super old lady with some yard work. I got a little sunburned haha! After that we came back and then got the missionaries who were coming to our zone!  My new companion is Elder Peck and he is from Idaho. He is funny and is very easy going. I am going to enjoy this transfer.
New Comp. Elder Peck!
Shreveport Transfers!

Wednesday we had District meeting and then we went and visited with an investigator named Tom, he is the one that dropped us the week that I showed up, he wanted us to come back and teach him which is super awesome!

Thursday we did service in the morning and then went to some appointments.
Friday we did service for the Bradshaws. They had a ton of little pokey weeds in their backyard that we helped pull for hours. They were literally everywhere…
Service with Elder Peck!
Saturday we finished planning and were able to go to an appointment with our investigator named Kurt. He is super awesome! We set him with a baptismal date and the spirit was very strong in that lesson.

Sunday we went to church and 3 people come!  After we went through our ward roster and marked off all the prospective elders and part member families for us to go and visit!

This week has been good! The weather now is perfect. It just needs to stay like this!  Elder Peck is happy, outgoing, and has lots of great ideas. I have enjoyed actually being able to work this week. Its been so nice, Elder Peck says he hasn't been worked like this since his very first transfer.  Seriously this week has been the best one I have had for a while. I have missed actually doing missionary work and we were able to do some good stuff this week! I just want to work through lunch and dinner but sadly my companion doesn't agree with that one haha, but that's ok it makes sense why. But I am doing great!! This is going to be a good transfer!

I have learned while serving, how valuable the gospel really is.  I wish i would have taken more advantage of it during high school.  I love being out here so much!  I am so grateful for the opportunity to serve, I wouldn't want be anywhere else! The church is true, love you all!!:)


Elder Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment