Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Big Day!

This week I went on exchanges with Elder Hougaard, he is a brand new missionary. It was fun, he talked a lot about the MTC and I thought its crazy cause that was almost a year ago for me!  We were only able to teach one lesson that day.

Wednesday we had specialized training with all the new missionaries and President and Sister Olson. It was a good meeting and we were able to get to know all the new missionaries a little better and help them with their concerns.

Thursday we were on another exchange, I was with Elder Harvey, he has been out for 6 months. He is a pretty good missionary and is a good teacher! It was a fun exchange.

Friday and Saturday we did a lot of finalizing our plans for Zone Conference.

Monday was the BIG DAY and I was super nervous. It always gets to me when I have to get up in front of people and teach. Overall it was pretty good though! Elder Peck and I did some funny acting and pretended to make a cake. We had the ingredients and eventually we just ended up throwing the card that had the ingredients on it away and kept going. The cake didn’t look like it was supposed to. We were teaching about following through with the plans that we made! It was pretty funny! Then we had a real cake when we did follow through with all of our plans and asked if anyone wanted some. We chose someone and Elder Peck ended up just grabbing a piece of cake with his hand and squishing it on his plate hahahah. Then he cut one out nicely for him. To show the importance of planning and specifically preparing for investigators haha. It was a good meeting everyone said they loved it!

I found out I will be getting transferred back to the Jackson zone.  President Olsen asked me after Zone Conference if I would be willing to accept a transfer to Jackson to be his new assistant. I wasn’t going to tell you because it’s no big deal, I was pretty surprised when he asked me though. I am not sure how things are going to work. Next week we will be doing transfers all week so I might not have very much time to email. I will be with Elder Steffensen and Elder Beckstrom and in two weeks one of them will be going home and I will replace him. I'm pretty nervous but it will be alright!  It will be fun! I am going there today so I can learn how to do things from him before he leaves! 

It was fun Shreveport! I enjoyed my time there.  I am a little sad to leave but its all good.  I had to go say goodbye to some families last night and we went over to the Osburns and they were crying and stuff. They are an awesome family!  I will sure miss them!
The Wonderful Osburn Family!

I hope you are all doing well and are all happy. Its good to hear how everyone is doing!! I am enjoying the heat down here in The South...... Apparently its only going to get worse!  Crazy how fast time flies! In the words of my Granny "Anything worth doing is worth over-doing". So whatever you guys are up to give it your best shot!

Love you all!
Elder Larsen

Ps. What do you do for an ingrown toenail?


Happy Father's Day Dad!!
Hey Dad! Sorry I didn’t get you a letter or anything! But I just wanted to wish you a happy fathers day! I appreciate the relationship we have and all the help and support you have given me through out the years. It means so much to me. I wouldn’t trade the experiences we have had as a family for anything. So thank you!
Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment