Monday, August 22, 2016

The Church is True!

Hey everyone!

This week has been good! We had a successful transfer day and took all of the departing missionaries to the airport to go home on Wednesday. It was weird as always. 

The rest of the week was good as well! We were blessed with lots of referrals that we were able to teach and we met some nice people while tracting. We also went to downtown Jackson and just talked to people on the street, that was actually pretty fun! We taught one guy about the Book of Mormon there while he was on his lunch break. Last night we went and ate dinner with our investigator Gary. He is such a good hearted guy and wants to do all he can to help others. We talked a lot with him and asked him about different things he was doing to help him receive a testimony. He came to the conclusion that he wasn’t doing enough, which is a good thing to realize. He is a Calvanist so he doesn’t believe in continuing revelation, he believes that heaven was closed after the death of the Apostles. Hopefully we can help him realize an answer to his prayers. 

As I was studying this week I was reading in the Book of Ether in chapter 4 verse 11-12:
 11 But he that believeth these things which I have spoken, him will I visit with the manifestations of my Spirit, and he shall know and bear record. For because of my Spirit he shall know that these things are true; for it persuadeth men to do good.
 12 And whatsoever thing persuadeth men to do good is of me; for good cometh of none save it be of me. I am the same that leadeth men to all good; he that will not believe my words will not believe me—that I am; and he that will not believe me will not believe the Father who sent me. For behold, I am the Father, I am the light, and the life, and the truth of the world.

Things have been good this week! We have still been super busy. Idk why but I am just super tired.  We were able to find a lot of new people through referrals so we have been getting lucky. We also tracted for 7 hours, probably an AP record because they have never tracted haha.  We are working hard so hopefully things will pay off.  Elder Beckstrom will be heading home in 5 weeks.

The weather has been pretty hot and humid and has rained a bit too which has been really nice. Luckily it hasn’t affected any of our mission. We have heard it was pretty bad though down in Baton Rouge area.  Our stake is headed down for the next 4 weeks to help. We wont be going though cause its out of the mission.  This week we are going on an exchange down in Hattiesburg!

The Church is true! Love you all!!

Elder Larsen
Surprise Birthday Song for President Olsen!

No comments:

Post a Comment