Monday, November 2, 2015

Happy Halloween!

Hi!
This week was pretty uneventful!  We did a lot of tracting and taught a lot of first lessons but no one will listen to us when we go back the second time so that's been pretty frustrating.  That's alright though!

Saturday for Halloween we went to a members house with all of the missionaries from our district and hung out, ate food and played games.  It was fun and was nice because it was kind of a break from things!
Halloween Partay with the Feller Family!

Happy Halloween!



Sunday we went to the Raytown branch building for church.  The building is so cool, it's like 100 years old and super small.  It's in like the middle of the woods too, it's pretty awesome!  I know it was built in 1906.  In the dedicatory prayer it is said to stand until the millennium!


Raytown Branch Building

Such a cool sign!

After church we went to the Branch Presidents house and ate and then we went to see some less actives.  President Comans dad died about a month ago and he was talking about that to the less active guy and talking about Gods plan for us.  I was thinking, how can we relate this to get him to see the importance of church so I asked him  "What do you think about Gods plan for us?"  He answered, and then President Comans said something that tied right in to the purpose of our life so I shared a scripture with him, and then Elder Clement said something that led right into the Atonement, repentance, and baptism so I shared another scripture with him and then talked about how the sacrament is like us being baptized every week and how we need to be clean to enter into the presence of God.  It was pretty cool to see how everything just played out perfectly and we didn't even talk about it before!

We tract a lot, we teach a lot of people but never see them again!  Members aren't very good with referrals, I haven't received one while I have been here!  That's why I think this is one of the lowest baptizing missions.  That's probably been the hardest thing for me.  Not having tangible success.  Like no one coming to church and no one progressing that's been the hardest thing for me to deal with!  I guess I should stop worrying about what I can't control and just work.

Things are going good, we have had some good success.  There has been rain almost every other day this week it's been so nice haha!  We went to get haircuts but no one around here will cut my hair because they don't know how… they all only know how to cut black people hair!!!  We went to Brother Alhaltehs store (he owns like a suit store)  and he bought us some food!  And gave me a sweet deal on a cardigan thingy,  idk though, it might not loo very good on me haha!
Dinner with the Alhalteh Family!

Sharing a message!

Love you all, Elder Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment