Monday, July 10, 2017

Last Full Week As A Full Time Missionary!

Hello everyone! 

This is the last full week I will get to serve as a full time missionary. I can’t believe how fast time has gone!!

This past week was good. I went on exchanges in Waveland and saw the dirt water of the Gulf:) I was able to eat some good freshly caught boiled shrimp too!

We had a good week of teaching. We were able to have a good discussion with one of our investigators and go to multiple places in the Bible where it talks about the Book of Mormon and the Restoration. We also were able to teach another investigator that we have about how he can personally find out if the church is true. He loves the church and enjoys coming on the first Sundays when people get up and bear their testimonies. He especially enjoys the little kids. For him he said he didn’t know if he could get it personally within himself. So we talked about the Book of Mormon and Moroni's promise. I’m grateful that this promise works and helps people truly experience the converting power of the Book of Mormon and the cleansing power of the gospel. 

We are getting fed every night this week and a few lunch appointments haha. We get fed a ton in this ward, and there is some pretty good food down here!

I will email next Monday and then be in Jackson on Tuesday morning.  We will get to proselyte a little bit of the day so that will be fun to be back in Jackson. We will get dinner at the mission home and either stay there or with the AP’s, its weird cause I will be on the other end of it now! 

I’m excited to be with my family again and just chill. It’s more of just a bitter sweet feeling. Its gonna be fun to be home but definitely going to miss being a missionary. Life is simple right now!  I have never taught someone that progressed that wasn’t found by some sort of an answer to a prayer. Its crazy how the really prepared people just get put in your lap basically.  The Lord just provides a way. My prayers have been answered so often and he's placed people in my path so many times! I know I feel that I can be a lot more effective just as a member, and have good intentions to try and share the gospel when I get home. 
For now I’m just enjoying the time I have left here and will work hard until the end!

Hope you are all doing well.  

Love,
Elder Larsen

-Dinner with Trace
-The Tracy Family
-Peyton, Alex and Leti
- District Meeting
-Bowling with Douglas and Shamira
-Dirt Water of the Gulf


No comments:

Post a Comment